SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENT OF CONTEXTUAL GUESS IN FOREIGN STUDENTS THROUGH TEXT READING
The present article is devoted to an important problem of teaching foreign students an independent reading on basis of development of contextual guess. The relevance of the article is explained by the fact that foreign students who come to Russia, should speak Russian at a high level, involving not only the understanding of lectures and study material, but also an independent study of scientific literature for writing term papers and dissertations. This article is concerned with basic methods of developing language contextual guess in foreign students through reading Russian texts based on the word formation analysis. We suggest that the methodological formation of contextual guess should rely on the theory of mental actions when foreign students create a project of their independent activity consisting of successive operations to better understand unfamiliar words in the course of reading. The article presents the system of special exercises aimed to develop foreign student’s contextual guess though Russian text reading. The authors propose a system of lexical-grammatical and communicative-oriented exercises aimed at the development of contextual guess when teaching foreign students to read Russian texts on the basis of step-by-step formation of the necessary skills of understanding unfamiliar words. The main objective of the developed system was to form the students’ tentative basis for actions and ability to distinguish word formation reference points in the understanding of unfamiliar words.
Keywords: teaching Russian as a foreign language, language contextual guess, word formation, text, step-by-step skills development, independent activities.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN