GRAFFITI AS A SOCIAL INSTRUMENT
References: International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2014, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2014 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-30-8/ ISSN 2367-5659, September 1-9, 2014, Book 4, Vol. 1, 313-320 pp
Graffiti is, by its nature, an agent of architecture and of urban space transformation and can positively interfere on the affective and symbolic aspects of the living space.
In the case of a problematic neighbourhood, for which was urgent to find solutions that effectively solved the existing social problems, and the bad image it presented outside, was, among other initiatives, created a street urban art gallery with the organization of an art Festival.
The presence of a large number of graffiti pieces clearly promoted a sense of belonging, the respect for the built patrimony and the inter-cultural dialogue among the residents and brought people to the neighbourhood to visit and study them as well as the resulting social changes.
Keywords:Neighbourhood; Community; Sense of belonging; Urban art; Urban space..
PAPER DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B41/S14.037: GRAFFITI AS A SOCIAL INSTRUMENT
35 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- FEATURES OF TOURISM MARKETING IN RUSSIA
- ABOUT ANALYTICAL AND STRUCTURAL ASPECTS OF THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT IMPLEMENT THE INTEGRATION STEPS
- ADVERTISING – A FACTOR IN THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
- ANALYSES OF REGIONAL SPECIALIZATION AND GEOGRAPHICAL CONCENTRATION OF INDUSTRY IN RUSSIA
- ANALYSIS OF THE CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN TERRITORIES