If you are forced to cancel a registration, for any reason, you must get informed about the following conditions.
- Any cancellation should be sent in a written format by e-mail or fax to the SWS Secretariat Bureau.
- Delivery of cancellation has to be confirmed by a responsible person from the SWS Secretariat.
- If a registered lecturer is unable to attend the conference for any reason, he may, by agreement, replace his attendance with another colleague, to attend in his place.
- If the lecturer is unable to attend and provided they have informed the program committee in writing by the payment deadline shown on our website, then the fee paid may be left as a deposit for our next conference. If next year's fee is changed, he will only have to pay the difference.
- If there is a paper, it will not be published in the conference proceedings, if the fee is withheld for a subsequent conference, but may be eligible for publication at a later stage if appropriate.
Where a lecturer is unable to attend and is unable to transfer their registration to another colleague or to another of our conferences, the following conditions apply:
- Registrations cancelled due to abstract/manuscript rejection are eligible for a refund of 90% of the registration fees paid. If the registration is not paid, the author owes a fee of 10% (excl VAT) of the fee he registered for, but no less than €30, due to the administrative costs incurred.
- Registrations that are cancelled more than 30 working days before the event are eligible for a refund of 90% of the registration fees paid.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 working days before the conference are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Registrations cancelled less than 20 working days before the event or made within the event itself, are not eligible for a refund.
Cancellation of Presentation: ORAL/ POSTER Speaker - NON-Presenting
In case you are a registered lecturer and you have submitted your papers for publication, but you did attend the conference for some reason and you did not present your paper/a as an oral or poster presentation, you need to know the following:
- If you have not informed SWS Secretariat of your inability to be present (Presentation Cancellation), 20 working days prior to the conference opening, there will be a Service Charge of €30 per presentation - SPEAKER NO SHOW fee.
- Registrations cancelled more than 30 working days before the conference are eligible for a total refund minus an administrative fee of €50.
- Cancellations, received after this deadline or made within the event itself, will not be eligible for a refund.
It is the sole responsibility of the delegate to take care of his/her visa requirements. Delegates who require an entry visa must allow sufficient time for the application procedure.
Delegates should contact the nearest embassy or consulate to determine the appropriate timing of their visa applications.
Note: The Embassies and consulates-general are independent decision-making agencies for visas. You cannot appeal against the rejection of a visa application, neither can the conference organisers intervene on your behalf in case of a rejection or to speed up the procedure. Delegate registration details will be shared with the respective immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, the conference organisers will not directly contact embassies and consulates on behalf of visa applicants.
- If the visa application is unsuccessful, the lecturers' registration type is converted to Virtual Lecturer and their articles, if accepted, will be published in the conference proceedings.
- In case of an unsuccessful delegate visa application (without a manuscript), all sums paid minus an administration fee of €50 will be refunded, if provided written notification is received within 30 working days prior to the conference.
Notification must be received by email no later than 30 working days before the start of the conference, as this is the condition for refunds. Cancellations, received after this deadline, will not be eligible for a refund.
General Refund Notes:
- For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be used for the refund.
- For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the payee nominated account.
- All types of refunds will be made no earlier than 10 working days after the last day of the conference.
Important: For payments received from outside the EU, all bank charges will be for the registrants' account.
- Any request to change an already issued original document, before the event, will be charged a service charge of 20 Euro (if the request is received within the same financial month).
- Any request to change an already issued original document, during or after the event, will be charged a service charge of 30 Euro / 50 Euro, regarding the specification of the needed change.
The policy as stated on this page is valid from January 2022.
If you have any questions about the Cancellation Policy, please Contact Us.